The Woosters

What's happening with us :o)

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Sad...

My birthday was lovely! My mom had a big shin dig BBQ with all my nearest of kin (ha ha.. I'm such a dork) Anyway, it was really nice and I felt so loved :o) But then once the festivities ended I started to feel a little down... And it may sound rediculous, but I've kind of felt a damper ever since then.... I guess my birthday got me thinking about my age and what I've accomplished in life... And instead of spurring me on to enjoying life more, it's actually just made me wallow. I feel like I have no talents, no hobbies, no ministry... And at this point, I just plain don't feel like doing anything anyway! I wish there was something that I just LOVED to do and was really good at. I mean, don't get me wrong, there's things about my life that I'm really happy about! I love Dave, and Mollie and Sonny, and all my family and friends!

Dave's heading off hunting tonight with his dad and brother until they "catch" something. So they could be back Thursday night, but that is very unlikely. The latest they'll be gone is Sunday night. That's FOUR WHOLE DAYS AND NIGHTS without him! His leaving is not helping lift the damper at all.

And to top off how I've been feeling I have been plagued with a wonderful COLD SORE. It's really helping me feel better :oP

Anyway, sorry this isn't a very happy post, but I just sort of needed to vent. Interestingly enough all the staff are reading a book that's supposed to help us find out what our gifts are.. so maybe this will help me :o) :o) Once I figure out what my giftings are, I need to start to use them!

"We can do no great things; only small things with great love." -Mother Teresa

8 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

I'm sorry you are feeling down! I have definitely had those days...and days...and days. But don't worry Carene, it's normal to have those days. You have accomplished many things in your life too! You have found a wonderful husband, a beautiful condo, and a church family that you love and that loves you. Your gifts will come out! There are many! You are analytical, smart, caring, genuine, honest, dependable, you have a beautiful singing voice, and a knack for being an awesome church secretary! I hope you have a better week!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Woosters said...

Awww he he, thanks Stace :o) You're so sweet! I'm actually feeling better already... even though Dave is packing to leave as I type :o( It's nice to hear that you have days like that too.. I mean, of course I would rather you didn't! but since you do, it's nice to know I'm not alone in feeling this way sometimes. Thanks for the encouragement!

5:28 PM  
Blogger Duane Clemens said...

Carene, don't be sad. Like Stacey said (I swear she checks blogs liek every 2 minutes and always gets the first word in!), you have lots of great gifts. It sounds like your focus for doing things with your life are on big, life-changing things but sometimes God's plan for us is in the small, everyday things like setting an example of what God intended a good marriage to be, helping to keep his church running so people can come worship on Sunday, etc...

Shift your focus and I'm sure you'll see you have accomplished much in life already!

D

7:48 AM  
Blogger Karyn Clemens said...

So pretty much everyone commented before I could..WAH! And since they've kinda covered it all, I just want to say:

I LOVE YOU!!!

Don't be down about life, that's my job...kidding! You're an amazingly loyal friend, and I couldn't be happier having a friend as great as you!
Chin up dear friend!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I so do not check blogs every two minutes! yeesh! I just happen to check at the right time Duane! I am a busy women! :)

4:18 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Alright! Time for a blog update!! Its been more than 2 weeks! yeesh! :)

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you never updating again?!

1:47 AM  
Blogger Karyn Clemens said...

We stopped and looked at the house in Canoe on 70th Ave, but only the outside and yard area(and the kitten that followed us around!). This is how we know we are interested enough to get you guys to go take a peek for us on Sunday! *smile* We spent an hour walking around, talking, and playing in the yard with the random kitten. The house is vacant, in case you're wondering why it was possible for us to just hang around...hee hee!

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home